All computer owners are aware of hackers and their attacks. For companies and organizations, such actions by intruders can pose a serious threat, leading to large losses, including financial ones.
To avoid this, it is necessary to conduct a vulnerability search, for which Pentest as a Service is offered.
The action, called a pentest, is an imitation of the actions of hackers attacking any type of system. This can be an organization’s computer network, a production server, or cloud storage. To search for vulnerabilities, PTAAS, or an automatic vulnerability detection system from a reliable company, is offered.
CQR has been working in this market for a long time, has developed and proven technology for analyzing all weak areas of protection. To do this, Black Box, White Box and Gray box techniques are used, which simulate hacker attacks, and allow you to use the knowledge of the customer’s system to examine all security elements from the inside and outside. Pentest is held within the agreed time frame, so you don’t have to worry about the attacks, they are verification and do not pose a threat.
The procedure itself is organized as follows:
- A contract is concluded, which specifies the testing methodology, the amount of work carried out and determines the cost. You can choose one test method or several.
- Exploration is carried out using open sources of information. It is called OSINT, and allows you to analyze external resources that help in conducting a pentest.
- Threats are modeled, which are structured into internal and external, when weaknesses from the effects of hackers, and the work of applications, the staff of the company itself, and the organization are taken into account.
- Vulnerabilities and operational capabilities of the system are determined.
- A report is compiled, which indicates all the problem areas, and suggests measures to strengthen protection.
Based on this research, management can make informed decisions to remedy the situation and strengthen measures to prevent illegal entry.
Advantages of the pentest
This type of analysis allows you to accurately find out all the vulnerabilities in any type of system. By understanding how hackers can overcome protection, it will be easier for system administrators and other persons responsible for security to carry out software configuration work and instruct staff to avoid hacker attacks.